No matter the sport, there is a venue for it in Hampton Roads. Whether it involves sand, waves, fish or water - we've got that by the bucket full! To search our venues - Use the search feature to access our detailed facility inventory. To see a complete listing, read our facilities guide in PDF.
From business meetings to trade shows, receptions to galas, High School reunions to weddings, and sporting competitions to concerts, the Chesapeake Conference Center has done it! This venue is a premier, full-service banquet, conference, and meeting center that can handle any event from a casual gathering to black tie affair.
The Chesapeake Conference Center has supported their local athletes and competitions such as the AAU Junior Olympic Games, bringing sports enthusiasts from all over the globe to Chesapeake.
- 39,000 square feet of versatile function space with room for up to 200 exhibits
- High-speed Internet and Free Wi-Fi
- Award-winning culinary team
- Over 350 FREE parking spaces on site
- Area's best variety of shopping, dining, and entertainment within one mile of the Center
- A well trained, well-seasoned staff focused on making your event perfect
Bells Mill Park features footpaths through wetlands and meadows in open natural areas with elevated scenic views of Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River; Former Landfill with an environmental cap so no bikes or motorized vehicles are allowed. Additional parking available across the street in the Civic Center – West parking lot.
Bells Mill Trail – 2.5-mile circular running trail in park
Home of the 2018 Corporate Challenge 5k Run, Tug of War, Cornhole, and Field Day events!
This 90-acre site has 60 acres of open space with the remainder rows of reforested pine trees. Chesapeake City Park is the premier place in Chesapeake for entertainment!
- Dog Parks
- Fun Forest Playground
- Horseshoe, volleyball and basketball Courts
- Outdoor fitness area
- Section and Picnic Shelters
- Skate Park
- Robert G. "Buddy" Bagley Stage
- Walking trail
Chrysler Hall, located in Norfolk, VA, serves as the premier performing arts center of Hampton Roads. Seating 2,500 in the orchestra, dress circle, and balcony, Chrysler Hall is well suited to a multitude of events. Its main lobby and two-level grand hall can easily accommodate bistro tables as well as buffet serving tables for a complete evening of patron entertaining. The venue has hosted countless concerts and events, including the following:
- Virginia Symphony
- Norfolk Forum
- The Norfolk Forum has presented at least four speakers a year since its first speaker in 1933
- Presenters have included philosophers, educators, consumer advocates, authors, historians, futurists, judges, musical revues, ambassadors, financial wizards, rocket scientists, war correspondents, foreign affairs experts, film critics, a self-described spy, and even a con man
This 43-acre park is an ideal setting for family and athletic outings. Check out our walking trails through the woods. With alot of open space it is a great place to meet friends and family for fun engaging activities!
- Vending Machines
- Picnic Shelter with Charcoal Grills
- Shared-Use Path
*Due to large softball tournaments at this park, parking for shelter reservations cannot be guaranteed; Additional parking is available at Tallwood Elementary School.
Conveniently located on Virginia Beach Boulevard, Colonial Shooting Academy (CSA) offers a friendly, state-of-the-art shooting facility for all skill levels, from curious beginner to the expert marksman. CSA is a 5-star shooting facility by the National Shooting Sports Foundation. This distinction made CSA the first 5-star range in Virginia, the fourth on the east coast, and only 25 nationwide. CSA's range viewing windows allows participants to safely watch the shooting practice. CSA is open to for public rentals and memberships provide unlimited lane use and discounts on classes.
- 34 climate-controlled lanes
- state-of-the-art electronic target carriers
- 40 different handguns
- 10 long guns
2017 Hero Games Venue
Compound CrossFit will host the CrossFit Challenge!
Compound Crossfit offers specialty classes, personal training, coaching, and small group sessions to help you get in the shape you want to be in. The CrossFit portion of the Hero Games will be a team competition (same gender) and all the weights will be possible for all levels of athletes.
Compound CrossFit offers:
- Olympic Lifting equipment
- Crossfit Games Advanced Training materials
- Boot Camp workout exercise equipment
Course Movements for the competition include:
- Bench press
- Air squat
- Slam ball
- Kettlebell swing
Home of the 2017 Ladies' Day to Play Golf Tournament!
Cypress Point Country Club is a semi-private golf course, restaurant and venue for private events located at the intersection of Wesleyan Drive and Cypress Point Boulevard. They were awarded the Virginian Pilot's "Best of the Best" award nine times. Cypress Point Country Club offers an 18 hole par 72 championship golf course with Bermuda fairways.
Foreman Field at S. B. Ballard Stadium is a 20,118-seat multi-purpose stadium on the campus of Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia.
The multi-purpose stadium is home to the ODU Monarchs Football team that includes 26 luxury suites, 390 loge seats in 100 mini boxes, terraces, concession stands, a full service kitchen providing food service for 14,000 patrons, restrooms, home team locker rooms, team meeting rooms, exam rooms and sound system and scoreboard control rooms.
Outdoor adventures abound in the Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge in Chesapeake, VA! It covers more than 112,000 acres of pristine forested wetlands and is home to Lake Drummond, the second largest natural lake in Virginia. This foreboding paradise has inspired writers and outdoor enthusiasts alike and is a must see for any Chesapeake visitor!
The Dismal Swamp Canal Trail is a former section of Virginia State Rt. 17, now a multi-use trail open to bicycling, walking, running/hiking, horseback riding, and boating. The north trail head is located at the intersection of Dominion Blvd. and Old Rt. 17 in Chesapeake, VA, and runs south 8.3 miles, adjacent to the Dismal Swamp Canal. The Dismal Swamp Canal Trail is an historic, environmental and outdoor recreation delight.
The Great Dismal Swamp offers:
- Miles of hiking (and biking) trails on the Dismal Town Boardwalk Trail, an elevated wooden walkway over the swamp
- A 4.5 mile Washington Ditch Trail to Lake Drummond
- Activities such as boating, kyaking and canoeing on the lake
- 11-Mile Paved Multiuse Trail
- Picnic Areas
- Horse Trails
The Hampton Roads Soccer Complex is located in Virginia Beach on 75 acres with 19 quality soccer fields, consisting of:
- 5 small-sided fields
- 3 junior fields
- 11 full size fields, with Tifway Bermuda grass.
- Meeting room
- First aid and Trainer’s room
- Two picnic shelters
Harbor Park is home to the Norfolk Tides Minor League Baseball team. The professional baseball stadium is located in downtown Norfolk on the Elizabeth River, and was opened in 1993. Harbor Park features almost 9,000 lower deck seats, 2,800 upper deck seats, and 400 seats in 24 luxury skyboxes leased to area corporations. The park also features a 225-seat restaurant known as "Hits at the Park" which offers a full view of the playing field. Overlooking left field is a 300-person tiered picnic area. Total capacity for Harbor Park is 11,856. The playing surface is Natural Grass, and the dimensions are 333 ft. in LF, 410 ft. in CF, and 318 ft in RF.
Host for the January Sports Council Meeting
Oceanfront hotel on the Virginia Beach Boardwalk:
- Beachfront accommodations: 156 guestrooms feature private balconies with Atlantic Ocean views, separate living spaces, and full kitchens in select rooms
- Tasty dining: Enjoy free daily breakfast during your stay and evening food and drinks at H BAR
- Desirable Virginia Beach destination: Nestled on the shore of the Atlantic Ocean near shopping, entertainment, dining, and the Virginia Beach Convention Center
- Plentiful amenities: Enjoy the convenience of our heated indoor swimming pool, 24-hour Workout Room, on-site parking, and H Market
- Oceanfront events: 1,943 sq ft of meeting space for business or social gatherings
iFLY is an indoor skydiving experience that creates true free fall conditions, just like skydiving, without having to jump out of an airplane. iFLY’s vertical wind tunnel generates 1600 horse power from 4 powerful fans, creating a wall-to-wall cushion of air on which you can safely float. There’s no parachute, no jumping, and nothing attaching you to planet Earth. It’s just you and the air, and it’s the most incredible adrenaline rush.
Surrounded by greenery, Layfette Park offers traditional park amenities such as, baseball, basketball and softball fields. The 40-arce park is the perfect place to have a cookout or party; there are picnic shelters and picnic tables on site. Playgrounds, tennis courts and a horseshoe pits are all available for a great day outdoors
- Baseball/Softball Fields - Lighted
- Basketball (outdoor)
- Boat Ramp
- Horse Shoe Pits
- Nature Viewing
- Picnic Shelters
- Tennis Courts
Built in 1971, Scope Arena remains the world's largest reinforced thin-shell concrete dome. An iconic landmark in downtown Norfolk, it is currently home to the Norfolk Admirals hockey team and host of the MEAC Basketball Tournament.
- Multipurpose arena & convention hall with main floor dimensions of 227' x 133'
- Oval shape offers 24,466 square feet of space with a maximum ceiling height of 110-ft
- The four exhibit facilities may be used in conjunction with each other
- These halls are easily converted into one by removing portable partitions.
- 60,000 square feet of exhibit hall space expandable to a total of 140,000 square feet of usable space.
- Portable stages can be arranged.
- Seating Capacity: Ice Hockey - 8,900; Basketball - 10,250; Boxing - 11,134
The 18-hole Ocean View Golf Course in Norfolk, Virginia is a public golf course that opened in 1930. Ocean View Golf Course measures 6152 yards from the longest tees and has a slope rating of 117 and a 69 USGA rating. The course features 3 sets of tees for different skill levels. Greens and fairways are bermuda.
Current/Former Pro Golfers to play at Ocean View:
- Jack Nicklaus
- Tiger Woods
- Curtis Strange
- Dean Beaman
- Sam Snead
Owl Creek Tennis Center features:
- 14 lighted outdoor courts,
- 4 practice courts,
- A tennis shop with repair facilities,
- A pro shop,
- Restrooms/locker room & shower facilities
- Children's playground.
Old Dominion University's own Powhatan Sports Complex is home to the Powhatan Football Field, a multipurpose stadium with an artificial surface that has over 2,800 seats, concessions stands and locker rooms. This field is mainly used by ODU as well as local Norfolk High Schools, Maury, and Granby High. Adjacent to the football field, the Sports Center also contains a field hockey and lacrosse stadium where ODU's teams practice and compete. The lighted stadium has over 1,500 permanent seats with room for additional 1,500 temporary seats, AstroTurf field, concessions stands, and restrooms. This complex also includes two lighted practice football fields for the ODU Football Team.
The Princess Anne Athletic Complex is located in the heart of Princess Anne Commons across the street from the Virginia Beach Sportsplex and Veteran's United Home Loans Amphitheater.
8 lighted softball/baseball fields
300 ft fences, fencing 8 ft tall
Hollywood bases can be set 60’/65’/70’
Hollywood pitching rubbers can be set 40’/43’/50’/53’
Portable fencing is available to reduce fields sizes to 200ft
Shaded player benches
Shaded ADA accessible spectator area
Full-service concession and restroom area
On-site parking with over 830 spaces
- 7 multi-purpose fields (2 are lighted)
- Full size 120 X 80 yd playing surface
- Offer a variety of adaptable sports
- Full-service concession and restroom area
- On-site parking with over 830 spaces
Chesapeake community centers include a:
- Locker and shower facilities
- Health room
- Game room
- Meeting rooms
- Outdoor Playground
- Picnic Tables
Centers are open year-round and are used by:
- Private groups for birthday parties
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding and baby showers
- Family reunions
As the only downtown Norfolk hotel located directly on the Elizabeth River, we're steps away from the business district and attractions including Waterside District, Town Point Park events, Granby Street restaurants and nightlife. Naval Station Norfolk and Virginia Beach resort area are a short drive away. If you're planning an event in Norfolk, we offer 46,000 square feet of stunningly redesigned space, including a light-filled junior ballroom overlooking the harbor.
The Ted Constant Convocation Center, on the campus of Old Dominion University, is a state-of-the-art facility, consisting of 219,330 square feet. The facility features 8,600 fixed seats for basketball games and sporting events. The seating capacity may be increased to 9,300 for concert seating events. The Center has a 9,000 square foot multipurpose room that can be divided into assembly and small-space environments to accommodate meetings, dinners, receptions, and pre- and post-activity gatherings.
Located in the majestic trees of the Aquarium, between the Marsh Pavilion and the Bay & Ocean Pavilion, you will find the amazing “aerial forest park.”
Climbing Up There?
- A series of platforms in the trees connected by cable, wood, rope and zip lines to form bridges. Each bridge presents a different challenge of how to get to the next platform.
- Choose level of difficulty from 13 different color-coded trails:
- Beginner: (easier and lower to the ground)
- Intermediate: (in the middle)
- Advanced: (the most challenging)
Before The Climb
- Receive a complete safety briefing and orientation. The double-connected, “always-locked-on” climbing system helps keep your climbing harness securely attached to the safety line at all times.
- Acknowledge the trails are intentionally designed for your self-discovery, making lessons unnecessary. The Park Guides are available to assist throughout your visit.
The Adventure Park Promotes:
- Outdoor fun in nature’s beauty
- Builds self confidence
- Family/friend togetherness
- “Feel-Good Exercise”
For more information about the Adventure Park click HERE
Topgolf pioneered a technology to make golf more fun and engaging. It has since emerged as a global sports and entertainment community focused on connecting people in meaningful ways. Today, Topgolf continues to blend technology and entertainment, golfers and non-golfers, children and adults – to create an experience that makes socializing a sport for everyone. No matter the occasion or who you share it with, we believe every great time starts with play, is fueled by food and beverage, moved by music and made possible through community. Every Topgolf venue features dozens of high-tech, climate-controlled hitting bays for year-round comfort, a chef-inspired menu for year-round deliciousness and hundreds of Associates eager to help create the moments that matter
- 100+ climate controlled hitting bays
- Full service restaurant & bars
- Private event spaces & meeting rooms
- Rooftop terrace with fire pit
- Over 200 HDTVs
- Free Wi-Fi
The Field Hockey Regional Training Center features:
- Two water-based astro-turf field that are international competition-quality.
- Stadium lighting is provided on one of the fields for tournament and game play at night.
- It is one of America's most well-known field hockey complexes.
Events held at the Training Center include:
- The USA Field Hockey National Futures Tournament
- The International Field Hockey Four Nation Tournament
- The USA vs. South Africa training series
The Convention Center is approximately 500,000 square foot and includes:
- 148,000 square foot exhibition hall
- 38,000-32,000 square feet of Ballroom
- 25,000 square feet of meeting rooms
- Increased pre-function space
- Parking up to 2,500 spaces.
The facility has been the host site for gymnastics tournaments, wrestling championships, marathon runs, and more! Of these have been:
- NHSCA National Wrestling Duals
- Shamrock Marathon
- Rock and Roll Half Marathon
- Excalibur Cup Gymnastics
For a list of upcoming events, visit their website here.
Official site of the 2017 Corporate Challenge 3 v 3 Basketball Tournament!
The Virginia Beach Field House, at approximately 175,000 square feet, is one of the largest indoor sports facilities on the East Coast. It houses youth programs, camps & clinics, parties, and events & tournaments.
2017 Hero Games Venue
Virginia Beach Fire & EMS Training Center will host the Firefighter Challenge!
The Virginia Beach Fire & Training Center is responsible for planning, developing, organizing, and conducting various emergency medical programs of study for EMS members, public safety officers (firefighters, police officers, communications officers, etc.), hospital personnel, and the general public. The Firefighter Challenge will be an individual competition and the course will consist of six (6) stages that must be completed in order to avoid disqualification. Each competitor gets one (1) attempt through the course and there is a course cutoff time of seven (7) minutes.
Stage 1: Tower run
Stage 2: Keiser Force Machine/Forcible Entry Machine
Stage 3: Foam Buckets
Stage 4: Mannequin Drag
Stage 5: Run
Stage 6: Ladder Carry
Nestled in a setting of matured hardwood forests and Rolling Meadows, this golf course was designed for tournament play. The course stretches to an imposing 7,432 yards and includes:
- Realistic target greens
- Short game area
- Driving range
- State-of-the-art practice facility
- Full service locker rooms
- Complete pro shop
- Snack bar, restaurant and lounge.
With a mild climate and fourteen miles of white sandy beach, the Virginia Beach Oceanfront is an ideal place for a variety of outdoor sports. The Oceanfront has served to host
- 1998 ESPN X-Trials,
- The Bud Light Pro Beach Volleyball Tour
- The East Coast Surfing Championships
- The Rock n' Roll Half Marathon
- The North American Sand Soccer Championships.
- The Shamrock Marathon
- The Polar Plunge
- And Many More!
The steel and concrete structured stadium has 3-levels and hosts a variety of sport activities, tournaments, festivals, events, and runs.
- It holds 6,000 seats overall, located on two levels. However, stadium capacity is about 10,000.
- Lower deck contains 3,600 seats,
- Upper deck contains 2,400 seats with six luxury suites.
- The majority of the seats have armchairs with seat backs.
- The stadium's state-of-the-art turf surface is more than adequate to handle the full range of typical field events, including football, field hockey, lacrosse, and many more!
The Sportsplex is also home to all natural grass athletic fields that cover 3 acres, making them customisable for any event.
- Soccer, lacrosse, flag football, festivals, and a variety of 5k runs use these fields.
- Field maintenance is conducted regularly to ensure that high quality grass is enjoyed at each and every event at the Sportsplex Athletic Fields.
Joseph G. Echols Memorial Hall is a 4,500-seat multi-purpose arena in Norfolk, Virginia. It was built in 1982 and is home to the Norfolk State University Spartans basketball team.
Newport News Golf Club at Deer Run is a public facility with 36 holes of championship golf. Newport News Golf Club at Deer Run has the ability to host starting time or shotgun events for as few as 24 or as many as 288 golfers.
- The Deer Run Golf Course is a spectacular Ed Ault designed Championship Golf Course. The 7,206 course will test the mettle of even the most experienced golfer. Cut among Virginia hardwoods, the players rarely see another group of golfers. Curious white tail deer and the abundance of wildlife have caused it to be listed on the National Audubon Society Registry.
- The Deer Run course received Golf Digest Best Places to Play 4 Stars.
Newport News Golf Club at Deer Run has a variety of practice areas centrally located to the Clubhouse.
There is a bent grass putting green and a Bermuda grass chipping green available for practicing.
The driving range has 25 stations that the golfer has the ability to hit off grass or mats. The range is over 320 yards deep with three target greens and marked yardages.
The balls for the range are Pinnacle Range Balls, which are replaced with new balls every year.
This 8,000-acre park with two fresh water reservoirs is one of the largest municipal parks east of the Mississippi. The park features a campground, golf course, stage, ropes and initiatives course, horsehow arena, disc golf course, watercraft rentals, 30-miles of hiking trails, 5-mile mountain bike trail, and a 5.3-mile bikeway.
The athletic complex in 2015 made Norfolk Collegiate the first K-12 school in the greater Hampton Roads region with two side-by-side, competition-size turf fields with lights. As the only school with such fields in Hampton Roads, Collegiate offers our student-athletes and the local athletic community a standout facility for local and regional tournaments, as well as the opportunity to train and compete daily on professional-level surfaces.
Not only does a synthetic grass field allow teams to practice and play games under all weather conditions, it easily accommodates multiple sports to be played on one field.See below for detailed information on the turf fields.
Two 70x110 yard, competition-sized, pre-lined artificial turf fields
Comprised of approximately 164,500 square feet of TurfField Classic Slit Film two-inch with an infill mix
Fields are pre-lined for soccer, field hockey, women’s lacrosse and men’s lacrosse
- Six state-of-the-art Musco® lights; two are 80 feet tall and four are 70 feet tall
- Bleachers provide seating for 500 spectators
New, high-visibly scoreboards
- A batting cage offers a designated hitting area, as well as usage of fields for conditioning and fielding practice for our softball and baseball teams.
POMOCO Stadium debuted in 2001, along with the Christopher Newport football program, and played host to CNU’s first game in history, against Salisbury on Sept. 1, 2001. Although the official capacity is listed at 4,200, a total of 6,135 crammed their way in through the use of portable stands and standing room to watch that initial contest. The Captains averaged 4,630 in 2001, ranking ninth in NCAA Division III attendance, and sold out all four home games. In 2002 they averaged 3,948 per game, including one in very inclement weather, and ranked eighth in Division III. In 2003 the stadium project was completed with the addition of brick facade, permanent concession stands and rest rooms, a large press box and beautiful President’s Suite. POMOCO Stadium has one of the finest grass playing surfaces in the South and has already been host to summer camps featuring many NFL players.
Princess Anne Community Recreation Center is an 82,000 square foot multi-faceted recreational space, located adjacent to Strawbridge Elementary School and Princess Anne Area Library. To participate in most activities you will need a valid membership card or day pass.