No matter the sport, there is a venue for it in Hampton Roads. Whether it involves sand, waves, fish or water - we've got that by the bucket full! To search our venues - Use the search feature to access our detailed facility inventory. To see a complete listing, read our facilities guide in PDF.
This 43-acre park is an ideal setting for family and athletic outings. Check out our walking trails through the woods. With alot of open space it is a great place to meet friends and family for fun engaging activities!
- Vending Machines
- Picnic Shelter with Charcoal Grills
- Shared-Use Path
*Due to large softball tournaments at this park, parking for shelter reservations cannot be guaranteed; Additional parking is available at Tallwood Elementary School.
Conveniently located on Virginia Beach Boulevard, Colonial Shooting Academy (CSA) offers a friendly, state-of-the-art shooting facility for all skill levels, from curious beginner to the expert marksman. CSA is a 5-star shooting facility by the National Shooting Sports Foundation. This distinction made CSA the first 5-star range in Virginia, the fourth on the east coast, and only 25 nationwide. CSA's range viewing windows allows participants to safely watch the shooting practice. CSA is open to for public rentals and memberships provide unlimited lane use and discounts on classes.
- 34 climate-controlled lanes
- state-of-the-art electronic target carriers
- 40 different handguns
- 10 long guns
Home of the 2017 Ladies' Day to Play Golf Tournament!
Cypress Point Country Club is a semi-private golf course, restaurant and venue for private events located at the intersection of Wesleyan Drive and Cypress Point Boulevard. They were awarded the Virginian Pilot's "Best of the Best" award nine times. Cypress Point Country Club offers an 18 hole par 72 championship golf course with Bermuda fairways.
The Hampton Roads Soccer Complex is located in Virginia Beach on 75 acres with 19 quality soccer fields, consisting of:
- 5 small-sided fields
- 3 junior fields
- 11 full size fields, with Tifway Bermuda grass.
- Meeting room
- First aid and Trainer’s room
- Two picnic shelters
Host for the January Sports Council Meeting
Oceanfront hotel on the Virginia Beach Boardwalk:
- Beachfront accommodations: 156 guestrooms feature private balconies with Atlantic Ocean views, separate living spaces, and full kitchens in select rooms
- Tasty dining: Enjoy free daily breakfast during your stay and evening food and drinks at H BAR
- Desirable Virginia Beach destination: Nestled on the shore of the Atlantic Ocean near shopping, entertainment, dining, and the Virginia Beach Convention Center
- Plentiful amenities: Enjoy the convenience of our heated indoor swimming pool, 24-hour Workout Room, on-site parking, and H Market
- Oceanfront events: 1,943 sq ft of meeting space for business or social gatherings
iFLY is an indoor skydiving experience that creates true free fall conditions, just like skydiving, without having to jump out of an airplane. iFLY’s vertical wind tunnel generates 1600 horse power from 4 powerful fans, creating a wall-to-wall cushion of air on which you can safely float. There’s no parachute, no jumping, and nothing attaching you to planet Earth. It’s just you and the air, and it’s the most incredible adrenaline rush.
Owl Creek Tennis Center features:
- 14 lighted outdoor courts,
- 4 practice courts,
- A tennis shop with repair facilities,
- A pro shop,
- Restrooms/locker room & shower facilities
- Children's playground.
The Princess Anne Athletic Complex is located in the heart of Princess Anne Commons across the street from the Virginia Beach Sportsplex and Veteran's United Home Loans Amphitheater.
8 lighted softball/baseball fields
300 ft fences, fencing 8 ft tall
Hollywood bases can be set 60’/65’/70’
Hollywood pitching rubbers can be set 40’/43’/50’/53’
Portable fencing is available to reduce fields sizes to 200ft
Shaded player benches
Shaded ADA accessible spectator area
Full-service concession and restroom area
On-site parking with over 830 spaces
- 7 multi-purpose fields (2 are lighted)
- Full size 120 X 80 yd playing surface
- Offer a variety of adaptable sports
- Full-service concession and restroom area
- On-site parking with over 830 spaces
Located in the majestic trees of the Aquarium, between the Marsh Pavilion and the Bay & Ocean Pavilion, you will find the amazing “aerial forest park.”
Climbing Up There?
- A series of platforms in the trees connected by cable, wood, rope and zip lines to form bridges. Each bridge presents a different challenge of how to get to the next platform.
- Choose level of difficulty from 13 different color-coded trails:
- Beginner: (easier and lower to the ground)
- Intermediate: (in the middle)
- Advanced: (the most challenging)
Before The Climb
- Receive a complete safety briefing and orientation. The double-connected, “always-locked-on” climbing system helps keep your climbing harness securely attached to the safety line at all times.
- Acknowledge the trails are intentionally designed for your self-discovery, making lessons unnecessary. The Park Guides are available to assist throughout your visit.
The Adventure Park Promotes:
- Outdoor fun in nature’s beauty
- Builds self confidence
- Family/friend togetherness
- “Feel-Good Exercise”
For more information about the Adventure Park click HERE
Topgolf pioneered a technology to make golf more fun and engaging. It has since emerged as a global sports and entertainment community focused on connecting people in meaningful ways. Today, Topgolf continues to blend technology and entertainment, golfers and non-golfers, children and adults – to create an experience that makes socializing a sport for everyone. No matter the occasion or who you share it with, we believe every great time starts with play, is fueled by food and beverage, moved by music and made possible through community. Every Topgolf venue features dozens of high-tech, climate-controlled hitting bays for year-round comfort, a chef-inspired menu for year-round deliciousness and hundreds of Associates eager to help create the moments that matter
- 100+ climate controlled hitting bays
- Full service restaurant & bars
- Private event spaces & meeting rooms
- Rooftop terrace with fire pit
- Over 200 HDTVs
- Free Wi-Fi
The Field Hockey Regional Training Center features:
- Two water-based astro-turf field that are international competition-quality.
- Stadium lighting is provided on one of the fields for tournament and game play at night.
- It is one of America's most well-known field hockey complexes.
Events held at the Training Center include:
- The USA Field Hockey National Futures Tournament
- The International Field Hockey Four Nation Tournament
- The USA vs. South Africa training series
The Convention Center is approximately 500,000 square foot and includes:
- 148,000 square foot exhibition hall
- 38,000-32,000 square feet of Ballroom
- 25,000 square feet of meeting rooms
- Increased pre-function space
- Parking up to 2,500 spaces.
The facility has been the host site for gymnastics tournaments, wrestling championships, marathon runs, and more! Of these have been:
- NHSCA National Wrestling Duals
- Shamrock Marathon
- Rock and Roll Half Marathon
- Excalibur Cup Gymnastics
For a list of upcoming events, visit their website here.
Official site of the 2017 Corporate Challenge 3 v 3 Basketball Tournament!
The Virginia Beach Field House, at approximately 175,000 square feet, is one of the largest indoor sports facilities on the East Coast. It houses youth programs, camps & clinics, parties, and events & tournaments.
2017 Hero Games Venue
Virginia Beach Fire & EMS Training Center will host the Firefighter Challenge!
The Virginia Beach Fire & Training Center is responsible for planning, developing, organizing, and conducting various emergency medical programs of study for EMS members, public safety officers (firefighters, police officers, communications officers, etc.), hospital personnel, and the general public. The Firefighter Challenge will be an individual competition and the course will consist of six (6) stages that must be completed in order to avoid disqualification. Each competitor gets one (1) attempt through the course and there is a course cutoff time of seven (7) minutes.
Stage 1: Tower run
Stage 2: Keiser Force Machine/Forcible Entry Machine
Stage 3: Foam Buckets
Stage 4: Mannequin Drag
Stage 5: Run
Stage 6: Ladder Carry
Nestled in a setting of matured hardwood forests and Rolling Meadows, this golf course was designed for tournament play. The course stretches to an imposing 7,432 yards and includes:
- Realistic target greens
- Short game area
- Driving range
- State-of-the-art practice facility
- Full service locker rooms
- Complete pro shop
- Snack bar, restaurant and lounge.
With a mild climate and fourteen miles of white sandy beach, the Virginia Beach Oceanfront is an ideal place for a variety of outdoor sports. The Oceanfront has served to host
- 1998 ESPN X-Trials,
- The Bud Light Pro Beach Volleyball Tour
- The East Coast Surfing Championships
- The Rock n' Roll Half Marathon
- The North American Sand Soccer Championships.
- The Shamrock Marathon
- The Polar Plunge
- And Many More!
The steel and concrete structured stadium has 3-levels and hosts a variety of sport activities, tournaments, festivals, events, and runs.
- It holds 6,000 seats overall, located on two levels. However, stadium capacity is about 10,000.
- Lower deck contains 3,600 seats,
- Upper deck contains 2,400 seats with six luxury suites.
- The majority of the seats have armchairs with seat backs.
- The stadium's state-of-the-art turf surface is more than adequate to handle the full range of typical field events, including football, field hockey, lacrosse, and many more!
The Sportsplex is also home to all natural grass athletic fields that cover 3 acres, making them customisable for any event.
- Soccer, lacrosse, flag football, festivals, and a variety of 5k runs use these fields.
- Field maintenance is conducted regularly to ensure that high quality grass is enjoyed at each and every event at the Sportsplex Athletic Fields.
2016 Hero Games Venue
C2 Shooting Center will Host the Pistol Challenge!
C2 Shooting Center strives to operate both the finest and safest shooting facility in the area. From training the US Navy special operations community to working with the US Marshall Service to teaching beginners how to shoot, their classes are personalized to your individual needs. C2 provides instruction and range experience no matter your level of expertise.
- 5 public ranges
- 300 yard rifle shooting
- 10 yard steel pistol range
- Kent Mote's C2 Training Center (private)
- used by private citizens, military professionals, and law enforcement agencies
Virginia Wesleyan's Marlins compete in basketball and volleyball on the Donald M. Forsyth Court, named after the College's first coach and director of athletics, who was instrumental in the formation of the successful varsity sports program.
Great Neck Community Recreation Center is an 83,931 square foot multi-faceted center, located behind Cox High School and next door to Great Neck Park. To participate in most activities you will need a valid membership card or day pass. Check out their website for more information on memebership!
- Indoor Pool with diving board
- Multipurpose Gymnasium
- Traverse Climbing wall
Host of the 2016 Ladies' Day to Play Golf Tournament!
Set in the heart of Virginia Beach, Honey Bee Golf Course is a beautiful public course that offers many different leagues for players on its par 70 course. Honey Bee Golf Club has been the preferred place to play by more golfers than any other course in Virginia Beach for 20-plus years.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Full-sized lounge and grill
- Golf lessons proived by a PGA Professional staff
- Great location - near you no matter where you are
- Great membership and associate membership rates
- And much more!
Try the course for yourself at our 2016 Ladies' Day to Play Golf Tournament!
Princess Anne Community Recreation Center is an 82,000 square foot multi-faceted recreational space, located adjacent to Strawbridge Elementary School and Princess Anne Area Library. To participate in most activities you will need a valid membership card or day pass.
The Signature at West Neck, the latest masterpiece by Arnold Palmer, offers:
- A Beautiful and Challenging Championship Golf Course,
- Golf Outings
- A 24,000 square foot clubhouse with a covered verandah and terrace with views of the golf course.
The Signature Grille features a casual, full service bar and grill as well as an elegant dining room and is available for weddings, private parties and receptions. For more information on any of these options email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stumpy Lake Golf Course offers a truly unique golf experience! Designed by the legendary Robert Trent Jones, the course stretches through the natural wonders of a 1400 acre nature preserve and is completely absent of any signs of commercialization or residential development. Sightings of deer, fox, eagles, and ospreys are common, and from time to time it is even possible to enjoy a bear sighting. Stumpy Lake now features:
- A new clubhouse
- A canoe and kayak launch
- A nature trail
- A fishing pier on the east end of the lake.
With its location just moments from I-64, the course enjoys strong participation from golfers across the region, and it is close enough to its sister club, Honey Bee, to accommodate golfers interested in playing 36 holes in one day.